Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years
30381042

I just picked up a 06 brute force 750 and it won't pass 10

Customer Question

I just picked up a 06 brute force 750 and it won't pass 10 mph. Changed plugs, oil checked filter. Changed belt and no belt light on. Can someone help. The only lights on the dash are the 2wd 4wd flashing. I put in a manual 4wd lever
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 11 months ago.
I my name is***** you have a problem it sounds like with the belt deflection switch which is on the CVT (belt cover) as you will see it sits on top of the cover, you need to remove the cover and flick the toggle switch in the opposite direction,Let me know if you have any questions.Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I already checked that. The switch is in the on position. No difference.
Was that switch ever hit from the belt, did you check the switch, should be open all the time and then closed when activated, if the belt has ever hit the switch they get damaged, you can by-pass it for testing purposes, verify that first here then we will move forward from that. You might have a harness issue, but you need to make sure that the switch and connections are good.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just got the quad and to my knowledge I don't believe so. I replaced the belt and the switch was on when I removed the cover and made sure it was kept in the on position when I put it back on I also rechecked it several times. I can't seem to find the problem with this bike
I would like you to check the switch with a multi-meter so we can rule that out ?