Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Steve,Building custom bike. I have a remote that fires

Customer Question

Hi Steve,
Building custom bike. I have a remote that fires the coil wires.
have a push button on the starter. click the remote it powers up the coils, when I punch the stater button the voltage drops away from the remote box controlling the coils. No fire . If I jumper the battery direct to the remote box it fires up (bypassing the remote key on)
Thanks in advance for any advice
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. Inspect and make sure all cables and connections are clean and tight and that the wiring is large enough to carry the amperage needed as all of these will cause this issue here.If these have been or are checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete