Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

02 Ultra Classic will not start. Voltage spiked to over 16

Customer Question

'02 Ultra Classic will not start. Voltage spiked to over 16 volts. Turn signals, left front running light, fuel pump, starter, odometer, and low oil pressure light do not work. I have replaced the battery, start relay, and system relay.
Tail lights and spot lights work.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. If this model is equipped with a computer/control unit or any ecu's at all the voltage spike can damage these components internally to where they would need replaced to correct this fault here.I have seen this before where a voltage spike damaged control units and ecu's internally and they require replacement when this occurs.You will have to have this tested further to be sure this is the cause here then the affected control units/ecu's replaced to correct this here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete