Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

My rzr(###) ###-####model skips at high rpm take offs. It is almost

Customer Question

My rzr(###) ###-####model skips at high rpm take offs. It is almost like the throttle has a position that when reached will restrict the throttle. No problem is noticed at normal rpm acceleration. The machine has no vibration or gas odor. The machine will skip anytime the throttle is depressed completely.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hello this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank. If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,Ideally measure the pressure at the injectors and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you