Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP

Have a 2001 honda 500 rubicon full auto that want shift .

Customer Question

have a 2001 honda 500 rubicon full auto that want shift . change angle sensor and conputer . you can shift to second manually but that it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it like in safe mode just say in 1st gear
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Motorcycle Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
Hello, A couple things I would like to ask first. When you installed the angle sensor, did you preload it? Or was it just put into place then bolted down? Second, did you reinitialize the system after replacing both of these components? There is a procedure for syncing up the computer with these parts, and must be performed. Does your display show -- at the gear indication area meaning there is a fault?