Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP

Just switched up stock pipes to Samson big gun short slashers

Customer Question

just switched up stock pipes to Samson big gun short slashers on my 2009 street bob almost a week ago, today rode it to work just fine, started it up to go to lunch, drove about 20 ft and it stalled on me. The installment went fine, even followed the 20 min of letting the engine run, while revving the engine once in a while for the rope around the pipes to adjust. I've ridden the bike twice since then and then today to work. Can the connection be from the new installed pipes to my bike stalling?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Can you describe the stalling a little bit more in detail, meaning, does it stall when coming up to a stop like it doesnt want to keep an idle? or does it stall at cruising speeds?