Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

Well Richard I inherited a kit car with a Kawasaki ZX 600 engine

Customer Question

well Richard I inherited a kit car with a Kawasaki ZX 600 engine all the components are there and wired igniter coil regulator my question is what wires do I use for the ignition
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.
Hi Rich and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially and for the above posted ignition concerns, proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done) on the standard wiring:• IGN+12V on the gray & brown/white wires wire of the IC igniter;• IGN+12V on the red wires of the ignition coils;• high pulsating voltages on the white/red, white/black, white/green and the white/yellow wires from the IC Igniter to the ignition coils;• low pulsating voltage between the black and black/yellow wires from the pickup coil to the IC Igniter.