Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I HAVE A KAWASAKI 1500,2003,VULCAN, NOMAN. I LOST THE KEYS

Customer Question

I HAVE A KAWASAKI 1500,2003,VULCAN, NOMAN. I LOST THE KEYS TO IT, SO I ORDERED A SWITCH{ JUST LIKE THE OLD ONE} AND HOOKED THE WIREING BACK IN THE MALE ADAPPTERED UNDER THE TANK. BATTERY IS GOOD, FUSES ARE GOOD. THE BIKE WAS RUNNING JUST FINE LAST YEAR WHEN SHUTTING IT DOWN FOR WINTER. LOST KEYS. TURN THE KEY ON IT NOW, NOTHING, NO LIGHTS OR ANYTHING, NOT NO KICK STAND SWITCH EITHER. NEED A ANSWER SIR. WHAT IS IT. THE BIKE ONLY HAS 42,000 MILES ON IT. LIKE NEW. JUST DONT NO.(HELP PLEASE)
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 8 months ago.
Hi and thank you for your question.I need some additional information to be able to customize my answer for you.First, did you order a Genuine Kawasaki Key Switch for your year and model?2nd, have you put a volt meter on the battery and if so, what is it reading?3rd, if you charged the battery, did you take it out of the bike to do so?4th, are you looking at the fuses to determine they are good or testing them electrically?If you could provide those additional answers, we can more on towards getting your bike running.ThanksRSRBOB
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes everything is in tack sir.
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 8 months ago.
I appreciate your efforts to offer more information but I am not clear on exactly what you are looking at or have done to your motorcycle. Would you mind providing specific answers to each question so I fully understand exactly what is going on with your bike. If you would be so kind as to answer each question in order, in great specific detail, I will be best able to assist you in resolving the problem. One of the limitations of this forum is my inability to see your machine and assess it for myself. I need you to do that for me, and I equally need you to answer the questions that I would be asking myself if I had your bike in front of me. Although they may seem irrelevant to you, I assure you, any one of those answers could be the key to a quick easy resolution.ThanksRSRBOB