Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004
11090168

1990 FXSTS Springer. I turn on ignition switch and even though

Customer Question

1990 FXSTS Springer. I turn on ignition switch and even though the light is in low beam position the blue high beam indicator light is on and the headlight is NOT on at all. Then after I start it the blue indicator turned off and headlight was on. Then I tried it again and back to blue indicator with no headlight. When the headlight is on, low beam/high beam all appear to work. On the road when the high beam blue light comes on - no headlight. It's works intermittently. Very weird electrical situation here. Any thoughts?
Tee
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
you have a ground problem.I believe you have lost the ground to the front end.you can troubleshoot by connecting a jumper cable to one of the starter mounting bolts and the other end to the front forks. if everything works correctly, it verifies my first thought.IF that is NOT the problem......you have an issue with your main wiring harness. somewhere, you have a pinched wire or a corroded connector pin.let me know i you need more help.Steve
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
let me know if you need more help.if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.thank you,Steve