Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004

I have a Buell Lightning 2000 I can't get it to go into neutral

Customer Question

I have a Buell Lightning 2000 I can't get it to go into neutral can you help me with this problem
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
the most common cause is a mis-adjusted clutch.- adjust the clutch and the clutch cable. let me know if you need instructions.if the clutch is not the cause of your problem, then you may have physical damage of the shift mechanism. if you or anyone else has ever forced the shift the linkage in an attempt to shift the transmission, the linkage may need to be repaired or replaced.let me know if you need more help.Steve
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay Steve the bike we going to do now. But now I can't get the neutral light to stay on with it in neutral position if you can help maybe it's the neutral safety switch I'm not sure. Thank you for your help
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
I am only allowed to answer one question at a time.please provide a POSITIVE RATING before asking additional questions.thank you,Steve