Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience

I am working on a 1990 Suzuki vx800. The

Customer Question

Hi my name is Gari. I am working on a 1990 Suzuki vx800. The unit came in would start but overflowed crankcase with gas oil mix onto floor. Pulled, cleaned and installed new carb kits K&L. carbs were full of rust. tank had a poor job of Kreem flaking. with hanging fuel tank syncing carbs noticed front carb fuel level drops to near bottom of bowl when throttle is opened. level at idle is about 3/4 up bowl capacity. What could be the cause? sticking float pivot/ thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the idle is good sync on gauges is even. open throttle falls on its face. some smoke out both pipes, changed plugs with iridium, new oil for syncing and flush purposes. tested levels with hoses on carb drains.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Motorcycle Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.
Hi Gari and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, let's review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):• determine the burn colors of the old front & rear spark plugs;• ensure both air box + filter are correctly installed with no chance of an air leak;• re-check front carb float & float cut-off valve.