Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years

I have a 2000 Yamaha banshee atv I'm the original owner I

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Yamaha banshee atv I'm the original owner
I haven't used or rose bike much in a pretty long while alltho I start it up from time to time and take a blast on street other then that I haven't used it much in a long while anyway over the Past few years eventho not actively riding and using it I still added some mods to it long story short I wanna make sure engine clutch and tranny in tip top condition clutch basket n plates, cylinders piston and rings transmission etc etc will a Haynes repair manual guide me through doing so ? Will it specify all the things I need to look at and for to assure me getting best / proper performance from atv? Any advice greatly appreciated thank you
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** off getting the a good manual is a great start, I prefer using the manufacture manuals as they can go into some depth on repairs, however I haven't used Haynes manuals muck by I know for a fact that they do have the accurate specs as the OEM manuals provide. Now depending on the hours and the type of use that the vehicle has seen would dictate the type of maintenance that would be required.Inside the first few pages is a periodic maintenance chart that the manufacture recommends that you follow, its basic maintenance of the overall vehicle, it really doesn't include recommended "normal" engine maintenance.However in the service it will give you recommended specs for compression, also since this is a two stroke it would be recommended that if the unit has been sitting that you pressure check the engine for any air leaks, if the engine were to be torn down then pressure checking before and then after the rebuild, this will help you identifying leaks prior to tearing it down and then insuring there are no leaks once back together.And again having the manual with aid you when repairing the clutch and also providing you specs for service limits and aiding you when something should be replaced because its beyond the service limit. Let me know of this helps or you have any further questions, just reply back and I will be glad to answerThanksKenny