Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

2001 polaris expedition- just put new fuel pump (old one was

Customer Question

2001 polaris expedition- just put new fuel pump (old one was leaking) and yes hooked up properly, and filter. Idles perfect but has no high end. Like you floor it and it just boggs, like it's not getting fuel. Will rev higher with choke but still no actual power when trying to drive it. Cleaned the jets and carb, no change. Please help thank you
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.
Hi Andrew and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):• check first the spark plugs particularly the burn color;- black and/or with sooth, then rich or vacuum leak;- very light brown or almost whitish, then lean or air leak.• if very light brown or almost whitish then ensure original air filter + airbox is installed correctly with air entry only through the designated opening.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I won't rate your answer bc you didn't get back to me in the time I fixed my own problem. Thanks for the help, not really, and you welcome for the $40. Blah.
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.
I understand. Unfortunately, not all of us are in the same time zone.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's all good, thanks for trying and no one's at fault. Reality is I should have not second guessed myself and payed for help, that's on me. Have a good one.
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.
Appreciate the post back.Good luck with the Polaris.