Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I just bought a 2006 vrod vrsca model and I had to install

Customer Question

Hello, I just bought a 2006 vrod vrsca model and I had to install a new battery as when it was delivered the system had been armed and it drained the battery down. first I put new batteries in the 2 fobs thinking that was the issue but then discovered the battery was shot. upon installing the new battery it did the exact same thing Brian D was trying to help a customer with. The thread was dated 4/22/2010. my turn signals stay on but no instrument power or fuel pump power no crank over no nothing. do you know what is causing this. I checked all fuses and they are good checked and have power to plug in on instrument panel. before battery change everything worked but bike didn't start because of drained battery. since new battery install I have a totally dead bike. any ideas???
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  brian winther replied 8 months ago.
hello, it sounds like you are describing an incorrectly installed battery, positive and negative flipped.