Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have a honda 1998 trx 400. It is back firing. changed

Customer Question

I have a honda 1998 trx 400 . It is back firing . changed carb , changed intake rubber o-ring and exhaust gaskets .
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any fuel debris in the fuel tank as well as fuel restrictions with a fuel line restricted or damaged as this can cause this type of fault here needing repaired or replaced.This sounds like a fuel issue here with a restricted or damaged component possibly causing this fault needing checked into.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete