Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Here, I have a can am tnt 175 it just stopped. pushed it

Customer Question

Hi Jeff here, I have a can am tnt 175 it just stopped. pushed it back to camp ,not far , I knew it was electric .no spark .The cdi charging coil measures 100 ohms and puts out 15 volts. the trigger coil measures 70 ohms .59 volts.
The charging coil seems too low . what do you think thanks, jeff.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any damaged or broken wiring leading to the coil and spark electronics on this model here.If an issue is found with any of the electrical wiring or connections this will need to be repaired to correct this fault here.If this is checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Pete ,The charging coil only puts out 15 volts I dont think that is enough the wiring is fine.thanks Jeff.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

O.k.,unfortunately my info is limited on this model here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete