Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience

I have a Honda foreman rubicon. today I turned the key and

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Honda foreman rubicon. today I turned the key and there were no lights on the screen and nothing when turning the key.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: battery is charged
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: is my hope
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: I was having trouble the last couple days getting it to start.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 7 months ago.

Here is a link to a parts diagram for reference:

First verify the battery is good by having it load tested. The battery may show fully charged but may not have any reserve capacity when under load. Any auto parts store can do this for you.

If the battery is good then check all of the individual fuses in the fuse box. It is the small black box near the battery and the fuses are #20 in the diagram.

Please rate my answer so that I can get credit for assisting you. After rating you can always return to this question and ad a reply if you need more help with this.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I already checked these items. Thank you thiugh
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, it would appear that the Foreman is electrically/completely dead. If the battery and fuses are confirmed to be good, then proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • check/clean the ground lines to engine, frame and green wire to harness;
  • • presence and consistency of +12V at the red and red/white wires after the battery's + terminal, then before and after the 2-pin connector and then to the fuse box;
  • • and then to and from the ignition switch.