Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience

I have a Yamaha R1 2008 - I just installed a Brand New

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha R1 2008 - I just installed a Brand New Battery which reads 12.8V Open Circuit. But it is having a very hard time to start.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It behaves like the battery is low. The Battery is Brand New.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Motorcycle Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, let's re-try again the basics. Proposed tries (if have not been done); re-inspect the battery & ground lines and/or check/clean the battery cables + terminals, connectors and wiring as a preliminary consideration. Have the battery externally charged and then LOAD TESTed (even if new and just for the purpose of eliminating it as a suspect).

Then re-try starting again the R1 while monitoring (measuring) the battery voltage before and when attempting to start.