Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

96 tour classic just cutt off while driving, when I try to

Customer Question

96 tour classic just cutt off while driving , when I try to start the bike the oil and temp lights come on but the engine won't turn over
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any damaged wiring on the bike that may have caused this here like rubbed through and shorted wiring.If this is o.k. this may be due to a fault with the ignition switch itself possibly.I would have this tested further to help pinpoint the cause here since there are several components that can fail or act up and cause this fault.Once this is located then it can be repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it's not the starter, why does the oil light and temp light come on and it just makes a clicking noise but doesn't try to turn over
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did notice when I turn on the ignition I don't hear the gas filling In
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Were you able to hear the gas run/pump running before with the key turned on but not now since this issue occurred?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Before I could see the gas fill when I turn the key before I hit the start button but now that doesn't happen I just hear a clicking noise under the seat close to the rear tire
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

This is a difficult question for me to fully be able to answer from here myself without seeing it but this may be an issue with the ignition/key switch at fault here.I would have this tested further to see if this is the cause here needing replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete