Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP

Kenny you still working with me?

Customer Question

Hey kenny you still working with me?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 7 months ago.

Yes Bob, I'm here, I'm not getting any notifications of your reply's ?? What's up ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well I replaced the ignition switch and the side stand relay still will not turn over. I need to fix this please help.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 7 months ago.

You have a bunch of questions opened I just noticed, I think we can go back to the original, and do the phone call, you have a copy of the wiring harness and so do I, so can walk to you through what we need to look for ? cancel these questions and go back to the original ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
cant afford to call ten times to get this resolved lets stick with chat
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 7 months ago.

You should have been billed for the first contact, no more, this chat is not working for you, we are getting lost, this is a really simple system, and basically we would have start the from the beginning and we all ready tried that !

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thanks for the help but I will figure it out myself. Will not be using this service again. Bye.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 7 months ago.

Bob as I said earlier, this is really simple, I have walked you through all the steps, not sure why you replaced the ignition switch ? and the relay, I told you to basically where to start looking for the voltage and then just follow it back, I understand that DC voltage can be hard to understand if not familiar with it and that's OK, but I tried walking you through this and it appears to be a translation problem, that's why I offered to try the phone call as I can show you when you are looking at your diagram then it will all make sense, its the interlock that is killing you right now.

Expert:  Kenny O. replied 7 months ago.

Probe the connection where it plugs in under the fuel tank !

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
All right last chance will call tomorrow after I put the battery back in it and connect it up
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 7 months ago.

Give me a time so we are on the same time, it is the weekend and I will be in and out, I'm in California

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My ignition switch needed to be replaced before this issue happened key was damaged. and the relay had burned connectors from shorting against the frame.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 7 months ago.

OK, that was another problem, could have caused other problems

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
will be in touch tomorrow if you are available. got a gig tonight need to load equipment and get going
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 7 months ago.

Yeah I'm heading out also, we'll touch base tomorrow.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Look sorry if I sounded rude.Did not mean it. Just frustrated. Summer is close and can't wait to ride.I found a wire disconnected that supplies juice to the solenoid. Key on start switch pushed and now getting a clicking noise.Charging battery and will re-install tomorrow. Think i got it figured out.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 7 months ago.

No problem Bob, I understand, this can be frustrating when you don't have the back ground in your case, so I will be in and out today, if you need my help just reply back and I will get to you as soon as I can.