Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

Is having water inside the crankcase a common situation on a

Customer Question

is having water inside the crankcase a common situation on a vulcan 500, how can i fix this, thank you, ***** ***** is ky
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when i loosen the timimng bolt cover on the crankcase cover, i notice water pouring out, is this common or there is aleak
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Motorcycle Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 8 months ago.

Hi KY, my name is ***** ***** I get your current mileage and also if you have the 17 digit VIN number so I can pull up the exact mileage and the proper documentation

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the mileage is 13500, the VIN number is ***** I've also noticed some fuel being mixed with the water pouring out.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 8 months ago.

OK thanks, ***** ***** your best guess, how much water, and are you noticing the coolant level dropping ? you says water pouring out, sure sounds like a lot ?

Has this bike been sitting ? if so how long ?