P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.

My 2013 Electra Glide Classis has stock exhaust, stock air

Customer Question

My 2013 Electra Glide Classis has stock exhaust, stock air cleaner and fuel system. I want to remove the baffles, will this produce a negative performance on my otherwise stock bike.
Thank You
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.

not at all, providing you fit a perforated tube inside the exhaust so the gas flow isn't interrupted from where you've removed the baffles

you will obviously get more noise but also more power

Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Expert:  P.J. replied 7 months ago.

The "baffles" on your exhaust system cannot be removed. They are an internally welded integral part of the slip on portion of the exhaust.

In order to get a louder pipe there are folks that use a long steel bar to insert deep into the muffler to knock out a flow diversion plate deep inside but I don't recommend it because the plate can be broken loose an create an annoying rattle inside the pipe.

There will be no power gains realized from modifying the exhaust. By keeping the stock air cleaner in place you are not increasing intake air flow and, therefore, have no need to increase exhaust air flow.

If you want better sound I recommend a new set of slip on mufflers. RC Components has the best slip on for the money available in the aftermarket.

I hope this helps clarify and saves you from damaging your stock system. Please leave a positive rating for my service today. Thanks, P.J.