Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness

2014 street glide battery dead, charged over night took off

Customer Question

2014 street glide battery dead, charged over night took off charger came home from work and dead again. will the security system drain it that fast or is the battery that is just a couple yrs old shot already?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Ted G. replied 7 months ago.

I would suspect the battery. I never see them last more than a couple of years. And if it is allowed to drain way down it will kill it faster. Unless you ride it every few days a battery maintainer is a pretty good idea. Most place will check a battery free of charge if you bring it in. If it checks good then I could walk you through a draw test if you have a voltohmmeter.