Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

I got a 2003 hd roadking and i think i might have put some

Customer Question

I got a 2003 hd roadking and i think i might have put some bad gas in it ... it ran awesome til yesterday i fill up at shell putting 91 in it and today on my way to work it started sputting spitin and as i slowed down it died but fired right back up
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.

1st replace the spark plugs if any of them fail this checklist:

You can also try spraying some water on the coil pack with the engine running. It is possible the coil is faulty and causing the misfire. If you see sparks arcing with the water, then replace the coil.

I'd check the condition of the injector plugs / connections as this could be a lean misfire if an injector isn't firing properly - the best way to check this is with a 'noid' light

Then check all the connections to the engine sensors one at a time, remove each one and examine for signs of corrosion or damage and a squirt of contact cleaner ( not WD40) will also help.

Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you