Big Dog
Big Dog, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ride to live live to ride
7276279

I have a 1998 sportster 1200 standard that seems to have a

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 1998 sportster 1200 standard that seems to have a tachometer issue. The needle sticks and jumps from 3k to 4k during acceleration is this a coil or module issue?
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just noticed it doing it recently
Expert:  Big Dog replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My information is limited on this but but since no one has tried to help you I will give it a shot. I used to have and service a 1998 Sportster , The tach signal come from the coil if memory serves me right and if you are not having a running concern then the problem is very likely with your tachometer its self. Unfortunately I don not have access to a wiring diagram anymore to send you.