Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Katana 8 pin cdi. Making a custom harness as the old one was

Customer Question

Katana 8 pin cdi. Making a custom harness as the old one was destroyed in a fire. Trying to find which color wire goes to what terminal on the cdi so I can reference a manual
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 8 pins starting from the large aka wider connector on the left 12 34 under On the square connector 56 And under 78 Need corresponding matching colored wires
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Motorcycle Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Since no one has posted here you may have to check with a dealer or repair center that works on this model here to see if they can give you this info on how to build this harness and the pin outs.In some cases they may charge a small fee for this.If you want to continue here instead let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete