Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

1994 ultra classic radio does not work all the time just

Customer Question

1994 ultra classic radio does not work all the time just replaced it with different radio but it does not always power up could it be the starter relay
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect the wiring running to the radio and radio connections for any issues.If a wiring fault is found it will need to be repaired to correct this issue here and can be a common fault for this issue.If this is or has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The wiring is okay according to my manual somehow the radio is connected thru the start button when I turn the key to accesory the radio should turn on but doesnt
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

O.k.,this can be a fault with the start switch/ignition switch itself.It may be failing to make contact internally to send power to the radio to power it on.I have seen some of these fail in the past before needing replaced to correct this issue here.I dont show this switch myself here but this does need to be tested further to verify this is the cause here and then from there it can be replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I replaced the ignition switch but the problem is still there
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Was there any wiring issues at the ignition switch or leading from the ignition switch at all?