Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

I have a 2009 street glide I just installed a harley 103 big

Customer Question

I have a 2009 street glide I just installed a harley 103 big bore kit . And screening egale valve springs .and also a se 255 cam and adjustable push rods .. tried to start bike but it would not start .so I put in a power commander 5 it's not maped for my bike yet. I got it from eBay .I put it in and the bike fired up .but it's smoking bad after 1 min of idle .when I put the new springs in. the valve sales were different then the original they were much smaller and didn't look like they were as good as the stock. When I pulled the the exsaust off there was a gray milky fluid in the cylinder head port. So I think it mite be the valve seals but I'm not sure it was bran new stuff from harley. May be I put it in wrong
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

if its now smoking badly and there's a deposit in the port then yes I'd agree that the valve stem seals may be at fault here

I'd say its time to remove the rocker boxes so you can inspect the seals and see if they have melted or moved as they should be securely fitted onto the valve guide

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

no problem

just get back to me on this post

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you