Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2013 street glide with a jensens plug and play

Customer Question

i have a 2013 street glide with a jensens plug and play radio installed . i went away for a while and the battery went dead on my bike when i came back . I am unable to use the buttons on the radio and the hand controls will not work . I have checked the radio fuse and it is ok . I have also checked the wiring to the handle bar controls and they are intact along with the pins in the back of the radio. The only thing i did to the bike since i came back was to charge the battery and it still did not work . I replaced the radio and the new radio has the same problem so it is something with the bike not the radio
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i also replaced the antenna with a hidden antenna. other than that there is nothing that was done to the bike . I changed all the fuses in the fuse box and still the hand controls and the buttons on the radio will not work
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Motorcycle Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I would inspect the wiring leading to the radio itself for any inline fuse possibly that may have blown causing this here.I have seen in line fuses in the past before cause an issue like this here needing replaced.If this is or has already been checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete