Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years
30381042

I've got a 2012 spider rs autos rs with 3500 mikes that has

Customer Question

I've got a 2012 spider rs autos rs with 3500 mikes that has been setting for 8 months went to ride it today it ran fine at first then I shut it off while at the bank went to start it. It started but battery was week then it said limp mode rode it to gas station because it was on last light and gas light was on. Shut it off while filling started it back up and now it's not in limp mode. But now when down shifting it doesn't ramp the rpms up like it use to.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 9 months ago.

Hi this is Kenny, who am I speaking to, let me start out that this unit relies on a lot of solenoids and sophisticated electronics.

The down shifting is controlled by a series of modules, that needs to me accessed through BRP's proprietary diagnostic software "BUDS"

Here is what you need to try initially, and we can check it after you get the battery charged, you are going to need to charge the battery to a full charge, you will need a 2 amp charge on it for at least 12 hours and then if you have a multi-meter, if you don't have a multi-meter you can purchase one at a Harbor Freight tool store or I have heard that Walmart carries the, you can usually find one for under $10, once you get your battery charged and the multi-meter, I will walk you through how we can test the battery you have and then we'll see if the unit is charging the battery, if at that point you are still having the problem you might have to go to a Cam-Am dealer and they can hook it up to BUDS,

Also do you have any check engine light or any warning light on currently ?

Thanks

Kenny