Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

My name is ***** ***** Dydasco, and I was wondering why

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** Dydasco, and I was wondering why won't my Honda big red won't start , I brought it to the shop and they replaced the Electronic choke , which was idling high , picked up the unit tried it out less than 8 hours it died, and won't start again what's wrong with the unit.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The Battery is good fuel is full it's like gas is not going into the carb, or is it the fuel injector or the sensor unit.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Motorcycle Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 9 months ago.

Is the check engine light located in the dash coming on?

Can you hear the sound of the fuel pump running for a few seconds when the ignition is first switched on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
all lights are on. Fuel pump is working.
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 9 months ago.

There is a check engine light on the dash, I believe it is yellow on that model, it should come on briefly when the ignition is first switched on and then go out. Does yours operate correctly or does the light remain on continuously?

Try removing the air box lid and air filter. Spray a brief shot of starting fluid into the engine air intake then try starting the engine. Does if start momentarily until the starting fluid is consumed?