RSRBOB
RSRBOB, Technician
Experience:  Former Factory Service Rep, Dlr Line Tech, Service Manager, General Manager, Store Owner
10825618

I have a 50cc chinese quad that wont start. It ran well one

Customer Question

I have a 50cc chinese quad that wont start. It ran well one day, then wouldn't start the next. I have installed a new carb, have great spark at the plug tip, but wont start up. Any suggestions?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 11 months ago.

use a test light check the ignition switch

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
with the Key on it turns over, when it is off it will not turn over. When the kill switch is in run position with the key on it has spark at the plug, when the kill switch is in the off position with the key on there is no spark at the plug. How would I test the ignition switch using a test light?
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Have you tried getting it to run on carb cleaner or starting fluid to make sure it's getting fuel?

Expert:  RSRBOB replied 11 months ago.

Hi and thank you for your question.

Since it sounds like you are reasonably sure we have spark and fuel, the only element needed for combustion would be compression.

Do you have a compression tester or access to a compression tester to see what the compression is on your engine? If you do, please test the compression and post your results back to this thread and we can go from there.

Thanks

RSRBOB

Expert:  RSRBOB replied 11 months ago.

Zach,

Let me know about the results of the compression test on your quad.

Thanks,

RSRBOB