Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My trx350 fourtrax1986 is stuck in reverse and now wont

Customer Question

my trx350 fourtrax1986 is stuck in reverse and now wont start. before this it was starting snd idlring however when put into gears it would dye
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well hadden had it very long and was trying to resolve the dying issue. check out carb , cleaned and all and had to add a fuel pump which seemed tlo pump continuesly so i manualy pulsed it. Got it running farly good than tryed putting intpo reverse and dyed and now wont even turn over and stuck in reverse
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Motorcycle Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be a fault with one of the electronics possibly on this model here like an issue with the ignition control system.I saw no one else had replied here with any info on this so I wanted to see if I could help in any way.

With this type of fault here it may be best for a repair facility that works on this model to check this to see if they can pinpoint the fault here.In some cases they can locate the fault easier or faster and repair this as well.If this is not an option for you let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete