Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 08 polaris sportsman 800 and it cranks over but has

Customer Question

I have a 08 polaris sportsman 800 and it cranks over but has no spark... Seem to start this once it got cold...i started it when it was warm n over night it got cold n now wont start.. I checked all the connections n cleaned them all n fuses are good n has a new battery n starter...only gets spark once here n there.. Any answers?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be due to a fault with the ignition coil breaking down causing this issue here.I believe on this model it uses an ignition coil to produce spark and if this coil is breaking down this fault here will occur and since you have already replaced the battery and starter and all wiring and wiring connections are o.k. I suspect this to be the cause here.I would have this checked into/tested further to be sure this is the cause here and then have it replaced if found to be at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete