Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My Honda Elemax SH11000 V-twin runs slow and then fast,

Customer Question

My Honda Elemax SH11000 V-twin runs slow and then fast, repeatedly. Could this be an indication that the fuel filter needs cleaning as well as the air filter? Is it something more sinister?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

A restriction in the fuel filter can cause an issue like this here as fuel moves around in the filter it may restrict somewhat and cause running issues then may clear up briefly.I would suspect this more then the engine air filter.If you have not replaced the fuel filter I would replace it and see if it corrects this issue here.If this does not correct the issue then this will have to be checked into further to locate the cause of the fault.This may require further testing with the proper test equipment for this model here unfortunately and may need checked by a dealer or repair center that works on this model.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete