Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years
30381042

I'm waiting concerning my 2007 Polaris snowmobile

Customer Question

I'm waiting for answer concerning my 2007 Polaris snowmobile
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 9 months ago.

Hi Colleen my name is***** don't see your question here, what can I help you with ?

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I accidentally put approximately 1 cup of two stroke snowmobile oil into my Polaris FSIQ four stroke engine 750cc no turbo. I put about 60 miles on since adding it. My husband had "stroke" about it. Any advice?
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 9 months ago.

Thanks Colleen, so about 8oz of two stroke oil in a four stroke engine obviously not recommended, but that little isn't going to hurt anything. Mixing two stroke oils especially petroleum base and synthetic is really bad in a two stroke because of coagulation will likely exist. I would recommend that if you already haven't changed it that you do so. The two stroke oil is usually a thinner weight and it does carry rust inhibiters and its actually a cleaner (more pure) then your conventional 4 stroke motor oils, as they are generally priced higher then 4 stroke oil. That little as far as hurting anything in 60 miles I don't see that there would be any issues, I would rather have that then the alternative, which is not enough, and is more likely to do damage to the engine.

But to be on the safe side, I would change it, with a new filter, you'll be fine !

Thanks Colleen

Kenny