Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

Have a 1982 Honda 900f, carbs have been overhauled, but

Customer Question

have a 1982 Honda 900f, carbs have been overhauled, but there is no way to adjust the float level, the floats are plastic with no metal tab to adjust. the only difference in the 4 carbs is the seat for the needle valve is higher on one carb then the others. with everything assembled three carbs over flow, checking float heights show 1 carb at 14mm+ the other 3 at 12mm or less. factory setting is 15.5mm. I can't change the float seat, is there another float assembly that will work that has a metal tab to adjust the float height?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 9 months ago.

Hi Ron my name is ***** ***** you post up a few pictures so I can see what you are referring too ? also does it looked like someone tried to remove that one seat ? Let me see that tab on the float also, something doesn't sound right there ?

Thanks

Kenny