Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2010 Polaris 800 Dragon that has run great up til

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Polaris 800 Dragon that has run great up til last Friday. It ran great for about 3 hours, then all the sudden it shut down going down going through the powder. I coasted to a stop, cranked it and it fired right up again. I took of, it ran great for about 40 to 50 seconds, then started to loose power, then shut down again. It did this about 18 times, backfiring at times, to get it back to the parking lot. I also noticed, that I lost electrical functions, about 20 seconds into running it each time. The headlight, dash lights and displays, everything electrical, shuts down. When the electrical shuts down, it still runs, but with loss of power. I would "goose" the throttle some and it seemed to prolong running a bit, but eventually shut down. I lifted the hood and felt the wiring when I got back to the trailer, and nothing was warm or burnt, but it did have a slight electrical odor. What is the problem?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any loose,corroded or damaged wiring or wiring connections causing this fault here.If a fault is found with any of the wiring connections or wiring at all this will need repaired to correct this issue here.If this was already checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked the wiring but not to the extent of checking for loose connections and or breaks. I will do that tonight and get back with you.Thanks!Terrell
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.Let me know if you come up with anything here at all.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked the wiring harnesses, wiring connections and all the plugs and everything is like new, with no breaks or loose connections. Now, this is not a motorcycle, it is a Polaris Dragon 800 snowmobile. Would it be the regulator or stator?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete