Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

2000 325 MAGNUM STARTS GREAT COLD OR HOT NO POWER WHEN

Customer Question

DAVE 2000 325 MAGNUM STARTS GREAT COLD OR HOT NO POWER WHEN COLD,LET IDLE FOR AWHILE RUNS MUCH BETTER,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: DISCONNECTED BLACK WIRE FROM LIMITER NO DIFFERENCE WILL STHALL WHEN COLD IF U TIP IN THROTTLE,FLUTTER THROTLE SAME THING WILL STHALL LET WARM UP10 MINUTES OR SO IT GOES GOOD COLD NOT SO MUCH
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Motorcycle Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I would check for any fuel related issues with a lack of fuel causing this here.If there is a lack of fuel then the engine can run poor as it is cold when warming up when most fuel is needed to run the engine.This can be a restricted fuel filter or restricted or damaged fuel line at fault here.If this is checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete