TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Honda registered technician, silver level award, former Kawasaki/Suzuki tech, 40+ years exp.
8313095

I have a 2010 Honda Fury, was out riding the other day when

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Honda Fury, was out riding the other day when all the sudden it sputtered and quite. I had it towed back to the house removed the breather housing only to find traces of water and now it's not getting fuel to the throttle body. What can I do to correct this?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 10 months ago.

Hello, have you puled the spark plugs to see if there is water in the cylinders as well?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I haven't because if I spray starting ether in the throttle body it starts and it will run as long as I feed it fuel manually.
I will pull them and see if you think I should.
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 10 months ago.

Do you hear the sound of the fuel pump running for a few seconds when the ignition is switched on?

Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 10 months ago.

It is common for these to have issues with the fuel pump and filter, and there was a bulletin to the dealerships to replace the fuel filter on the pump. I'd pull it and look for sludge in the tank.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I hear the injectors but not the pump. I removed one of the gas lines from one of the injectors the turned it over to see if any fuel was coming through and nothing. Dry as a bone.
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 10 months ago.

No it is not common to see a problem with the fuel pump on this model unless the bike has sat for a long period of time.

Check the wire connector to the fuel pump under the seat. Unplug it then plug it back in and check if the pump runs. If not unplug the connector and use a test light to check for power to the pump at the black wire connector. There should be power (test light comes on) for several seconds every time the ignition is switched on. If you have power but the pump does not run then the pump is the problem.