RSRBOB
RSRBOB, Technician
Experience:  Former Factory Service Rep, Dlr Line Tech, Service Manager, General Manager, Store Owner
10825618

I have a 2007 Suzuki gsxr 750 and am replacing the side body

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Suzuki gsxr 750 and am replacing the side body pieces. Removal was quick, but having trouble screwing the bolts back in the same holes they just came out of. Not sure if new parts are pushed out more so the bolt needs to be longer? I can't get them to even try to thread into the holes. Any suggestions?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thank you for your question.

If you are putting stock (Suzuki brand) fairings for the 07 GSXR 750 you should not have to use longer screws. If they are aftermarket body panels there is no telling what you will have to do.

If you are using factory Suzuki panels, please use the parts diagram below to tell me which screws are not long enough to catch the threads.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/riva_normal/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=suzukimc&a=433&b=7&c=0&d=2007%20GSXR750%20K7%20COWLING%20BODY

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/riva_normal/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=suzukimc&a=433&b=52&c=0&d=2007%20GSXR750%20K7%20COWLING%20-%20SIDE

One last thing that may sound ridiculous but just in case, are you positive it is a 2007? Check the 10th digit in the frame VIN and see if it is a 7. That 10th digit tells you the year of the bike.

Let me know about that and we will work at getting to the bottom of the problem.

Thanks

RSRBOB