Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I'm having trouble with my Polaris Ranger 500 refi EFI*

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** I'm having trouble with my Polaris Ranger 500 refi EFI*
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2 weeks ago we ran it around the lease all night, ran great like always. The next morning it cranks right up, we make it about 200 yards and it dies came back this weekend to try to fix it, noticed there is almost no gas in the tank. Easy fix we thought. Filled up the tank and it still won't start up it cranks but won't turn over we pulled the line from the gas tank to the EFI, when turning the key a steady stream of gas comes out Spark plug was wet with gas, pulled the plug and grounded it and it sparked
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Motorcycle Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our property is pretty dang wet right now and we had to go through fairly high water, but nothing that came up much higher than the floor board. There was a large amount of mud caked all over the top of the gas tank, I'm not sure where the vent is but this has happened before and never stopped it from running. Also, I had to clip the ground wires from my old battery and for the time being had to wrap the large gauge wires around the small nut to the battery. It ran the last 2 times I went out there plus the night before it stopped running. I don't know if it could be a ground issue because it wants to start up, lights come on and it is fully cranking, just won't start...
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the spark plug continues to become wet check for water or fuel contamination in the fuel system and clean and dry the spark plug.After you clean and dry the spark plug and verified that only fuel is coming to the engine from the tank and no debris or water crank over the engine with the spark plug removed to blow out any water and fuel.Then let it sit and air out for about 30 minutes then reinstall the spark plug and see if it then starts and runs.If this was already tried or is tried and does not resolve this issue here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete