Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2000 Honda Foreman 450 es that wont shift out of

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Honda Foreman 450 es that wont shift out of 5th gear. Im not sure what to do about it? It obviously wont move and im not sure what my options are. This is my first atv.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The angle sensor can be a common fault to cause this here with the angle sensor itself needing replaced.I suspect this is the cause here on your model due to the common failure of it.I would check and make sure your battery tests o.k. as well as low voltage can also cause this here.If the battery is tested and found to be o.k. then the angle sensor most likely needs replaced.This should be double checked and replaced by someone that has replaced one already or a repair facility that works on this model here as some require to be inserted and timed correctly.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete