Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a ski doo 583 that ran last year yet does not have

Customer Question

I have a ski doo 583 that ran last year yet does not have spark this year. The machine is not and electric start. New plugs have been installed. I can not locate a fuse. I need some one to walk me through the process to find the problem.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check and see if any of the engine wiring is damaged on the engine or leading to the off/on switch.If there is a wiring fault this can cause this issue here.If this has already been checked or is checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will you be available tomorrow
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I will be online around 2pm Mountain time tommorow

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I purchased the ski last year and the owner started it. This year I have no spark at the plugs, replaced plugs still nothing. Isn't there a fuse located on the ski?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I dont have the correct diagrams on this model here myself.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else has the info you need just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please do
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

No problem.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete