Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

My son has just brought a 50cc motor scooter, its condition

Customer Question

Hi, my son has just brought a 50cc motor scooter, its condition is good, starts first time etc., but notice while having a ride on it the acceleration is good on take off but seems to have a flat spot around 25-30km then seems to pick up again, any ideas as to the cause, motor revs well, no oil been burnt etc..
Many Thanks
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

does it run well at full throttle?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi yes it seems too, it is just slow at pick up at around 25-30 km prior to that it is very quick at take off. The engine runs very smooth no pullback etc, just seems to drop it rev's at this point above.Thanks

ok,,from the way you explain,it sounds as if the carburetor may have some derbies in it,,'you may want to take the carb off,apart and clean it out..it may have sit for a while with fuel in it,that will cause the fuel to evaporate and leave dirt behind.

clean the carb

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.