Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

2002 sporster sparks shot out in area of cylinoids /starter

Customer Question

2002 sporster sparks shot out in area of cylinoids /starter on bike is bacfiring repeatlied and sounds as if my exghaughst is off bike
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
metal like shavings gold/brass in color around area
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I would inspect the starter and starter area and components on the engine for any damaged components needing repaired or replaced.If a component is found to be at fault it will need corrected then the bike operation re checked for any issues from there.If this was already done and no damaged components were found let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you i have a friend of mine takin a look at it i appreciatre your input....
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete