Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

Ries I have a 2005 outlander max that I had to clean the

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** ries I have a 2005 outlander max that I had to clean the carb because it sat for 5 years with starting it not to often. I have it running but it will not idle and stay running
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I tried to adjust the idel screw but did not help. There is a little adjustment screw on the bottom of the carb but I do not know where it should be set. Rt now it is 2 turns out
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Motorcycle Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can pay. No problem
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Hi this is Kenny, you urns out is OK, it sounds like the carb is still dirty, now if you apply the choke a little will it start to run ?

Thanks