Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

Im super frustrated nice to meet you! I have a 2000 Honda

Customer Question

Hi... Im super frustrated nice to meet you! I have a 2000 Honda goldwing... got it for 900 bucks!!! It had intermittent starting thing going on...so I bought a new starter solenoid.. it isnt the same shape... it is more of a rectangle than a round ...but it looks the same.. it says b and m on it.. it has a 30 amp fuse.. four prong connector... so I took off the old one.. and put this one back in its place and now I have nothing. turn the key and nothing at all..I pulled out the number 3 relay on the left side of the bike and I have power..key on or off... to the bottom left hole when i pulled the relay out...no power to any of the other three holes. I have power to the solenoid...where the red wire goes.. I have power to and past the dogbone fuse.. I dont know what happened!!! Helllp !!
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially and if have not been tried; inspect the battery & ground lines and/or check/clean the battery cables + terminals, connectors and wiring as a preliminary consideration. Have the battery externally charged and then LOAD TESTed (even if new and just for the purpose of eliminating it as a suspect).

Still, "B" would be for battery while "M" would be for the starter motor (relay). Please click HERE to reference the starting circuit wiring diagram.