Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I have a 2000 kawaski 800 cc vucan i can start it pull

Customer Question

i have a 2000 kawaski 800 cc vucan i can start it pull clutch lever but it grinds and wont go in gear what is wrong
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I get the current mileage and if you have the VIN number (17 digits) then I van get the exact model ?

Also, I read what your symptom is, when you start the bike I'm assuming that its in neutral and the neutral light is on, correct ? So I'm going to ask you a few questions and then tell me what its doing after each question.

1. Start the bike in neutral (light on) and does it make any noise ?
  2. With the engine running,(still in neutral) pull the clutch lever in, is there any noise ?
  3. With engine running, pull the clutch lever in, and click it into first gear, is there any noise now ?
  4. With the engine running, clutch lever in, transmission in first gear, start to let the clutch lever out, what happens ?

Thanks

Kenny