Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

AWD stops working after about 20 min of snowplowing. I was

Customer Question

AWD stops working after about 20 min of snowplowing. I was previously told that an electrcal charge is probably not getting to the front wheel coils. I have a brand new battery and it reads 12.49 volts when the AWD stops.
Would appreciate any other ideas.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is suspected to be an issue with a lack of charge or voltage to the AWD components I would check and make sure no wiring damage is found.If a wiring fault is found with damaged wiring or corroded wiring or connections this will need resolved here to correct this fault.If this has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete, I am already aware that the problem is probably a lack of current to the AWD coil. I just can't figure out what it is. I have checked the connections in the AWD demand switch , cleaned them, and they look fine. What other wires are there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Seriously, Pete, not to be rude or anything, but do you think your answer of checking for corroded wires merits $29 payment from me?Like I said earlier, I know that current has to be directed to the AWD coils for the AWD demand to work.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.

Unfortunately my info is somewhat limited on this model here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete